Thursday, February 28, 12:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
To register for the webinar online: click here
Biofuels have become an increasingly attractive fuel option for China, as oil imports and private vehicle ownership continue to skyrocket in the country. Nevertheless, it is uncertain what policies and financial incentives China will apply to meet its ambitious alternative fuel goals for 2020.
Although China has staged ambitious pilot programs supporting the development of alternative fuels, Beijing has yet to implement the generous subsidies and considerable policy support that the industry needs to develop. The U.S. private sector, however, has made substantial progress through partnerships involving major international players such as Boeing, DuPont, Coskata, Novozymes, and Honeywell UOP with Chinese counterparts and stakeholders on marketing drivers and strategies to advance the biofuels industry in China. Collaborations include projects with COFCO, PetroChina, and Air China to establish biofuel research, production, and refining facilities.
The American Council On Renewable Energy’s (ACORE) US-China Program invites you to a roundtable of a select group of industry experts for a robust discussion on the trends in the Chinese biofuels sector.
Topics covered will include:
- What policies and subsidies the Chinese government will use to meet its biofuel targets
- The role of existing policies in supporting the industry and expected future policies
- The outlook on areas of cooperation for private and state-owned players
- Tom Weirich, VP of Corporate Relations, International Programs Director, ACORE
- Mark DeAndrea, Vice President Strategic Development, POET - View Presentation
- Raffaella Cristanetti, Senior International Business & Strategy Executive, Dupont - View Presentation
- Michael Christiansen, Regional President, Novozymes China; Vice President, Novozymes A/S - View Presentation
- Dehua Liu, Ph.D, Professor, Tsinghua University
Please join us for this interesting and provocative discussion. After a short presentation by each of our panelists, the webinar will be open for panel discussion and questions from participants.
时间：2013年 2月29日 北京时间凌晨1点